Care England and Independent Care Group
(020) 7492 4844
18 December 2019
Ahead of tomorrow’s Queen’s Speech the Independent Care Group and Care England have called upon the Government to commit to a spending pledge not just across the NHS, but across adult social care too
Mike Padgham, Chair of the Independent Care Group (IGC), says:
“This is a new Government with a clear majority and now we need to see it turn its attention to domestic issues like social care and give us some strong commitments to deliver on the pre-election pledges. Almost £8bn has been cut from social care budgets since 2010-11 and the new Government must act now to reverse that decline”.
- Care England is the largest representative body for independent providers of adult social care
- Care England works to ensure that care services are commissioned fairly, efficiently and on a properly funded basis, to meet the true costs of providing quality care. Care England analysis indicates that where known around one in five councils (20%) did not increase their base rates for either residential or nursing home placements in 2018/19, despite rising inflation and increased workforce costs.
- For Care England press enquiries related to this release, please contact Antonella Corby (020) 7492 4843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.careengland.org.uk
- Twitter: @CareEngland @CareEngDigital @CareEngPolicy
- If you do not want to receive Care England press releases please email email@example.com with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title